Alief ISD’s Elementary and Secondary Language Arts staff break down the complex issues surrounding literacy in the state and how the state of Texas is using an assessment that is not grade-level appropriate to penalize students, educators and schools.Read More
Author: Texas School Alliance
This story was orginally published by The Houston Chronicle, and can be found here. Alief ISD...Read More
MESQUITE, Tex. — Reading is 9-year-old Kristin Hernandez’s thing. She pores over mystery books,...Read More
Texas Monthly published a story — “Are Texas Kids Failing? Or Are the Tests Rigged?” — which raises questions about whether questions on the state’s high-stakes standardized English Language Arts tests are written above grade level for many children.Read More
- EPISODE 15 – IS THE STAAR TEST DESIGNED FOR YOUR CHILD TO FAIL?
- House panel’s investigation of STAAR test begins with hearing
- Texas Says Most of Its Students Aren’t Reading at Grade Level. But Are Its Tests Fair?
- Are these standardized test questions too hard for kids?
- Are Texas Kids Failing? Or Are the Tests Rigged?